What is a Family Group? A small group within Christian Family Chapel that is a voluntary, intentional gathering of 8-20 people regularly meeting together with the shared goal of loving one another and growing in Christ-likeness.
The following are suggested primary values for the group:
- Participation: The meetings are a priority, and regular attendance is critical to authentic Christian fellowship and growing in Christ-likeness.
- Commitment: The Family Group will meet at least two times a month.
- Mutual: Everyone share in the responsibility for the group's success and for building reciprocal relationships and caring for one another.
- Authenticity: Members agree to risk sharing their true feelings, struggles, joys, and hurts as trust is developed over time.
- Confidentiality: Anything of a personal nature that is said at the Family Group is not repeated outside the group unless there is permission.
- Invitational & multiplying: New people who are attending CFC are welcomed. The goal of our Family Group is to give birth to another group.
If you would like to join a Family Group contact Phil Hartman at 904-262-3000 or fill out our online application.
Purpose of Family Groups
To become fully devoted followers of Christ by:
- Exalting the Supremacy of Christ in their lives
- Experiencing the Presence of Christ through one another
- Engaging in the Work of Christ as gifted servants
- Extending the Hope of Christ to a lost world
Why Family Groups?
Family groups provide a relational context where:
- Christian fellowship / "love one another" is lived out
- God's Word is studied and applied in order to grow in Christ-likeness
- Needs are met through mutual care and ministry to one another
- Prayer for one another and for the lost is practiced
- Serving the Body of Christ is encouraged